A Medieval chateau that is seemingly confused guessing by old maps, during the XVIth century it is known as the Chateau de Clermont with the small village set further down in the valley, but in later life seems to change its name and status and the village takes the name Clermont and the site becomes known as Château de la Grausse.
The Bastide of Rimont, was founded in 1272, on the territory of the Abbey of Combelongue. On the road that connected it to the Mas d’Azil, the Comte de Foix then established, a last fortification called Clermont, at the gates of the county.
Like Mauvezin, Clermont was built at the end of the XIIIth century between 1272 and 1318 by the Compte de Foix for guarding this new frontier also building the church as a source of communications and a source of income and also serving a garrison of men
The seigneury passes in 1491, when it was given to Arnaud de Castéras, in reward of services rendered to the Countess of Foix, Catherine of Navarre.
23 August 1640, J François de Rochechouart, Baron of Clermont and Lescure, first Viscount of Soulan, married Jeanne de Foix-Rabat, daughter of Henri-Gaston de Foix-Rabat, Comte de Rabat and Massat and Jeanne de Pardaillan de Gondrin. here is also a chateau belonging in 1672 to the Noble Frédéric de Castéras, Sieur de la Grausse, who held it from the Marquis de Foix-Rabat, but the wasteland remains modest and he leaves the place.
During the late XVIIth century it passes to the aristocratic family of d’Amboix, and it would be Seigneur J. Paul d’Amboix, who also owns the domain of the Chateau de Lorbant in 1769 and is also Seigneur de Gabre and of Camarade (who also attends the assembly of the nobility held in 1789), who built the new chateau , not listed on any maps, that still exists today, that is located at the other side of the church, further down the valley that was constructed in 1772. also known as the Chateau de la Grausse.