Also known as Government House, Built circa 1849, built by Mr Rigby, contractor of the Holyhead breakwater for use of Mr Dobson, the resident engineer of Holyhead breakwater. Originally known as Government House, it was used for some years as the harbourmasters residence.
It is a two storey house, with a U-plan, the central block having rear wings to each end. It is externally stuccoed, with band courses below eaves and at first floor, and has shallow-pitch slate roofs with low rectangular stucco chimney stacks. It was originally glazed with small-pane hornless sash windows, and there has been some replacement of the glazing bars.
The central pedimented block has three small-pane sash windows to each floor; this bay is flanked by single window bays, with small-pane sashes to the first floor, and arched porches with Roman Doric columns to the ground floor.
Beyond this, to each side, are semi-hexagonal bays with 3 small-pane sashes to each floor. To the left is a wing of four windows, with a glazed lean-to to the right. The right wing has single window bay (with smaller inserted window on ground floor), an advanced single window bay with paired windows, window to first floor, doorway to ground floor. To the rear the wings enclose single-storey service block.
Listed as relatively unspoilt example of style, and for its historical connection with construction of Holyhead Great Breakwater.