Le Puy Saint-Georges is a summit which is overlooked by the ruins of a 13th-century church called Eglise Barthelemy, the hill is associated with the famous martyr and Roman soldier from Palestine, Saint-George(c. 280-303),(in the original legend, Saint George kills the Dragon in Libya).
The tower which served as a steeple, looks a slightly earlier construction, it was a fortification that was able to serve as a refuge for the population during the Hundred Years War. Everything against and to the north of the building was the old cemetery which there is no visible traces left and in which the last burial believed to have taken place around 1826. According to local tradition not yet verified, several sarcophagus are still buried there. the church was abandoned sometime after the French Revolution.