Chateau de Grandval

Built in the mid-fifteenth century at the request of the Vicomtes de Paulin by Bernard de Caudière, seigneur de Bézacoul, then rebuilt in the eighteenth century by Jean Bernard and the General de Fregeville, several illustrious characters remained there until the twentieth century. It was burned to the ground in 21st June 1944 by the Germans led by Lieutenant Fritcher after a group of resistance fighters settled there, the chateau was then finally drowned by the waters of the Razisse Dam in 1954 or 1956.

2016