Chateau de Mongauger

The Chateau de Montgoger or Montgauger. called also Mons Gaugerii in the XIIIth century whose original rootes dates to the XIth century, composed of three large corps de logis, flanked by four large cylindrical towers, which also contained a chapel. The towers were dismantled during the revolution. Two serious fires, the first in 1882, the chateau being completley restored, and the second in 1943, while the last living wing of the castle was requisitioned by the occupying army, afterwards it falls into complete ruin.

2015