The remains of the present Chateau are the only witnesses to the home of Claude Bonneau, Lord of Purnon, who acquired it around 1700. He restored the main building who’s oldest parts dating back to the XVth century. The Logis are surrounded by the moat, but there is now only a ruin overgrown by vegetation.
From the XXth century, it is gradually destroyed. It is sold in 1921, a victim of multiple transactions during the second world war and is no longer inhabited. The chapel which is the oldest element of the castle was restored in 2006. One of his keys to vault bears the arms of the family of Marçay. The old cemetery, today disappeared, guarded the tombs of the family.