First noted in the 12th century, it bacame a fortified castle in 1386. The current building dates from the late 15th or early 16th century. Common buildings are accompanied by a circular pigeonnier, decorated with the arms of Vignerot.
The Church houses the marble statue of René de Vignerot and his wife Françoise du Plessis de Richelieu, who were executed in 1625 & attributed to Michel II Bourdin. The high parts of the chapel are defensive.