Vestiges du donjon de Marthon (Charente, Dept 16) built between the XIIth and XIIIth century registered as a historic building since September 8 1928, The chateau de Marthon itself has long disappeared and all that now remains is the Donjon (Keep), in the past called Tour of Breuil.
The chateau consisted of a polygonal enclosure dominated by the square donjon. The body of dwelling leaned with the northern face of the tower, a turret disappeared. It had a Roman vault on two floors, the level lower being used as shelter by the pilgrims and the level higher reserved for the lord. In 1960, the tower was lowered by one meter.