The Château du Girsberg (formerly named Petit-Ribeaupierre) is one of three castles (with the Château de Saint-Ulrich and the Haut-Ribeaupierre) which dominates the commune of Ribeauvillé in the Haut-Rhin département of France. It stands at an altitude of 528 m. It was the Lords of Ribeaupierre who built the castle in the XIIIth century, then named Stein (La Roche). They rebuilt it after a fire caused by lightning in 1288. In 1304, they gave it to their vassals, the knights of Girsberg, from whom the castle took its name. The Girsbergs kept it until they died out in the XVth century. It was finally abandoned in the XVIIth century.