The Chateau de Querigut (also known as the château du Donezan) is mentioned in a text going back to 1208. From the XVth century up until the end of the XVIIth century, it was several times besieged by the Spaniards. An attempt to take the castle fails in 1495.
In 1589, besieging them and managing to burn it down. In 1607, Louis XIII establishes a garrison there. It will be removed by a stop of the Council of State of April 25, 1638. The castle will again be burned down in 1676. In 1709, Louis XIV orders the repairing of the castle and establishes a garrison again there. There does not remain today a castle just a massive tower of ruins, which was the old keep.