The Eglise Notre-Dame-des-Oubiels located just outside the hamlet of Portel-des-Corbieres, The Villa of Oubiels is mentioned on April 29, 990 in the will of Adelaide, viscountess de Narbonne and Sainte-Marie du Oubiels. In a charter of the archbishop of Narbonne in 1080. It was the parish church of Portel and served also Castellas and Lastours, which explains its site in variation. It heavily depended on the archbishop of Narbonne and the chapter of the cathedral. It was abandoned at the beginning of the XVIIth century because in 1644, the new parish church of the village dedicated to Notre-Dame de l’ Assomption et des Oubiels is in service. Work in 1909 at the site of the old church in the village revealed stones and a remarkable carved unit coming from the Eglise Notre-Dame-des-Oubiels. Classified Monument Historique in 1973.