Just outside the sleepy hamlet of Bor et Bar (Aveyron) sits the Chateau de Bar, it was occuped by the English between 1360 and 1386. The name of Bar comes from the word “barro” meaning “height” into Celtic. Gallic oppidums dating from the 1st century before Jesus Christ are visible in the south of Bor.
The lords anchored in this area in the Middle Ages at that time show the importance of the valley of Viaur. Frottard de Bar, knight, holds the stronghold with other lords the Chateau de Najac and its dependence’s of Raymond, count de Toulouse. Owners of the castle or manor of Kaymar, the family of Bar did not reside at the Chateau de Bar which seems it was only used by soldiers and is thought that it was them who brought it to its ruin in 1682.