The Chateau d’Aurignac is a ruined 13th century chateau in the commune of Aurignac in the Haute-Garonne departement of France. The castle was built on a hill before 1240 by Bernard V, Count of Comminges, and the village developed around it. Henry IV ordered the destruction of the castle in the early 17th century and, although it was still partly inhabited in 1627, it fell into disuse not long afterwards.
All that remains today are the church, a well-restored keep on the peak of the hill and the some of the ramparts, which have been incorporated into the local houses. The property of the commune, it has been listed since 1979 as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture. Aurignac is a commune in the Haute-Garonne department in south-western France, on the edge of the Pyrenees.. It is part of the ancient region known as the Comminges.