The Chateau du Bernstein is a ruined castle in the commune of Dambach-la-ville, in the Bas-Rhin department of France. It is situated at an altitude of 557m (~1810 ft). Originally, the castle belonged to the Counts of Eguisheim Dabo. After the siege of 1227 it became the property of the bishop of Strasbourg and seat of the episcopal bailiffs until 1580. Abandoned from this date, the buildings then fell into ruin.