The Abbaye Notre-Dame de la Reau was founded in the XIIth century by the clergy of Saint-Augustin, it is in the Vienne Region (Dept 86). It was listed as having sixteen priories in 1219. Burned down by the English in 1327, it was strengthened at the time of the Reform. In 1531 it is overun by Antoine de Guillerville who drives out the monks.
In 1653 a new reform is introduced and the beginnings of the repair work are undertaken. It is unsure what happens but by 1820 when the land is sold if itis already listed as a ruin. The bell-tower of the church crumbled in the XXth century. It was octagonal. It was classified as a historic building in 1941.